xcodebuild: exit code 65

Note: This is from a long time ago and I haven’t really touched this stuff since around the time I wrote this. The information may be out of date. That said, if this does or doesn’t work for you, let me know and I’ll update this with the relevant info.

This is something I ran into a while back. If you’re not an iOS developer, but get tasked with building iOS apps, you may run into this. This particular exit code is fun because xcodebuild doesn’t tell you what the problem is.

Aside from building your app using the Xcode IDE, you also have the command line utility xcodebuild available to you. Assuming the code itself compiles just fine, this tool will tell you, for example, if you’re missing a provisioning profile or something.

Continue reading “xcodebuild: exit code 65”

Linking Images Hosted on Amazon S3

Edit Oct. 2, 2015: This information is out of date and is no longer applicable.

So you want to link to a full size image. But that image came from Tumblr or Twitpic. And you don’t want the extra UI around it. The problem is you end up with URLs that look like this:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/421793754.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1318403683&Signature=azYJpu81dNMPFmf8unu2qt8pdiA%3D

If you click on the link, you’ll notice that the image has expired.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/421793754.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1318403683&Signature=azYJpu81dNMPFmf8unu2qt8pdiA%3D
The “expires” part of the url dictates when the image will expire. The number is the epoch time. Go to Epoch Converter to convert it to normal time. In this link, the picture expired on October 12, 2011 at 12:14:43 AM PDT.

Continue reading “Linking Images Hosted on Amazon S3”

It’s March Already?

So much for my unofficial one post a month quota… Hahaha…
I have a lot less time on my hands because I have two jobs now.

By the way, when did target=”_blank” become non xhtml 1.1 compliant?

Second Post!

Told you I don’t update often…

Anyway, I did a small update to that validation project. Apparently, it allowed for xss attacks. Good thing there’s nothing valuable to get from my site (I think). So, for example, if I was to enter the following in the sitemap text box

blah.xml "/><script type="text/javascript">alert("hi");</script><input type="hidden

an alert would come up that says “hi”. I think I solved the problem by using htmlspecialchars. And just to be safe, I used the same solution for displaying the urls in the table. You can try it here. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of experience in xss. Is there anything I’m missing or should be more aware of?

Hello World!

I’m hopping on the bandwagon and getting myself a blog. Don’t expect too much, though. I tend not to update these things…

I intend to have this blog cover code, projects I’m working on, or something related and interesting. However, I will probably post some random stuff, too. I have a couple bad jokes in my head. Keep on the lookout for them. 😀

So, first up, I created a little thing that takes in an xml sitemap, gets all the urls in that sitemap, and checks if they’re valid with W3C. You can take a peek here: michael.lavaveshkul.com/projects/validation/validator.php
I made it synchronously check one url at a time so that I and W3C don’t get flooded with http requests all at once.

Continue reading “Hello World!”